Do you love to sing? Are you looking for an opportunity to
- Join with others for "delicious" music making?
- Learn beautiful and challenging music?
- Sing the world's great choral literature, from Renaissance to contemporary -- from spirituals and show music to the sacred and
- Learn about vocal technique, music history and performance style?
- Work under a director known for her masterful ear for pitch,
rhythm and interpretation, and who knows how to bring out the best in singers
to create a harmonious ensemble?
VOICES, founded in 1987 by Dr. Lyn Ransom, provides outstanding
performance opportunities for singers and inspiring concerts for audiences in
Mercer County, NJ, and Bucks County, PA.
- Singing tour of Germany and Italy June 07
- Brahms Requiem with the Delaware Valley Philharmonic April 07
- Beethoven's Ninth with the Hunterdon Symphony April 05
- Carnegie Hall appearance with Bob Chilcott November 05
- Summer concert with the Pittsburgh Symphony and Marvin Hamlisch
The 65-voice chorale usually rehearses Mondays from 7:30-10:00 in the
beautiful new Community Room of Music Together International Headquarters, 225 Pennington-Hopewell Rd., Hopewell, NJ. VOICES is looking for people who love to sing to audition
for our upcoming concerts. The annual membership fee of $195 covers rehearsal
costs and may be paid in two installments of $110 per semester or in 4 or 5 monthly installments (paid online). In addition, singers pay for (and
keep) their own music. Scholarships may be available to singers requesting
financial assistance. We welcome new
members in all voice parts. Auditions are scheduled by appointment throughout the year. You're
going to love VOICES!
To schedule an audition, please call or email
Sandy Duffy, Voices Chorale Audition Coordinator at 609-799-2211
to request an audition to begin rehearsals for our next concerts!
- When you arrive, you will be greeted by our audition
coordinator. She will ask you for some basic information for the choir's
records, and fill out your application form. You can download the form (in
Microsoft Word format) in advance from here.
- With the paperwork out of the way, you will be introduced
to our Director, Lyn Ransom. Lyn will ask you about
your personal music history. She may ask you if you have ever played a musical
instrument or sung in other ensembles.
- Next, Lyn will lead you through a series of warm up
exercises, including pitch, breathing, and posture.
- You will be asked to sing scales, in order to place you
in a section. Lyn will try to determine your voice range.
- Then Lyn will ask you to sing something that you probably
have never seen before to test your sight reading.
- This will be followed by several short tests of your
sense of pitch and rhythm, and then you're done!